10 Simple Ways to Show Your Love
Recognizing your partner’s needs and concerns is integral to sustain a healthy, happy relationship. Saying “I love you” is great, but showing “I love you,” really gets the point across. Small selfless acts, like the ones listed below, go a long way to showing you care.
Showing your love for your Guy:
- Plan a movie night – at home. Pick out a movie you’ll both enjoy, make some stove top popcorn and grab a few beers. Dim the lights and kick back. Make it a double feature for some extra R&R.
- Express gratitude. Tell your special guy why you’re thankful that he’s in your life. Try giving a concrete example of something that has improved because he is there.
- Give a massage. Everyone loves a good back rub, especially if they’re in a labor-intensive field or have just got back from a long business trip.
- Make a music playlist. Pull together a list of the top 10 songs you both love, like songs from your first date or wedding reception, or songs that make you laugh. And don't forget to throw in something by their favorite artist.
- Make a lunch date. Work life can be hectic, especially if you’re both holding down a 9 to 5. Making time to meet your significant other for lunch can be a nice break – and even help dissolve stress – during a busy day for both of you.
Showing your love for your Gal:
- If you have kids, plan ahead by hiring a sitter and scheduling dinner plans in advance. By taking care of these decisions, you cut out the stress for your significant other.
- Wash and clean the family vehicles. Whether you share a car or own separate cars, sprucing up your vehicles is a win-win for both of you.
- Give her a shout-out on social media. The majority of women use social media – particularly Facebook. By tagging her in a post that says, “I love (insert and tag name)” you’re affirming to her social circle the bond you share. Trust me, she’ll be more than surprised by this show of affection.
- Plan a meal cooked by you. Taking the time to make and bake a dish she'll enjoy shows you care about her health and comfort.
- Be thoughtfully generous with gift giving. Most women love jewelry and have their favorite pieces, such as necklaces or earrings, bracelets or rings. Surprise her by adding to that collection with a matching piece. Figure out which she prefers and go for it. If you are not sure what her taste is, visit her Pinterest board for wish list ideas (that's what my husband does, works like a charm). Not sure what Pinterest is and how it works? Read up on it by clicking HERE.
Do you and your guy/gal have a special occasion on the horizon? These actions are extra special touches for the holidays, Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, Anniversaries and birthdays, too.
Obviously some of our suggestions can apply to either spouse or partner. The important thing to keep in mind is your partner. What makes him/her happy and how can you help with that feeling?
Do you have a special way to show your love to your partner? Share it below (please keep it rated "PG" lol) Want to save these tips for later? Click here to RE-PIN this post to your favorite Pinterest Board.